Create A Script To Update Amazon (And Others) With Xml

rseigel

I'm trying to totally automate my shop by updating dynamically from my suppliers (drop shippers) and updating quantity and price info on Marketplaces such as Amazon and ultimately many more.

For this stage of the project I'm trying to use Amazon Marketplace Web Service to automatically update my inventory on Amazon.

Documentation is here:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/mws/doc/bde/feeds/v20090901/en_US/MWSDeveloperGuide._V196696164_.pdf

On page 39 SubmitFeed is the thing that needs to be used.

All I need to be able to add to the XML file is:

• sku
  • price (as in the sale price after any and all discounts have been accounted for)
  • quantity (my inventory is already updated hourly from my supplier with some code I wrote)
  • product-id (which is the ASIN number that I put into the EAN field as I have no need for an EAN
  • product-id-type - this value will ALWAYS be ASIN so it just needs to be hard coded into each product section)
  • condition-type (always new for now but will be some refurbished products in the future)

I also need to have the response back from Amazon emailed to me.

It will need to be run once an hour through a CRON (I can handle that part) and there needs to be another version that I'll run every 24 hours that does a complete Purge and Replace. It's literally changing one line in the first version.

Some notes:

I want this written as a standalone script - not a module. I want to be able to change things easily in the future.

The license and all rights to the script will stay with me. I have no interest in this script being distributed by myself or anyone else. Quite frankly, it will not be for sale at any price.

It needs to be able to handle combinations as if they were individual products. I can supply a TON of things that don't work for this but nothing that does. For example, jackets that I sell in different sizes.

This should be short and sweet for someone that knows what they are doing. There will be more work down the road for the right person.

I'm sure I've missed some things so feel free to ask questions.

Note: Keep in mind that I am English (USA) and only English. As long as you can communicate well in English that's all I need to know. I just don't have time for language barriers is all.

Please send me a ballpark figure to start and we can do some back and forth. I will also be asking for references before I commit. I'm not looking to get things done for stupidly low prices - just don't try to take advantage of me either. I've been a hardcore sales guy my whole life - I'll see that coming a mile away. :)

Thanks to all that respond.

Cheers,

Ron

[email protected]

If you respond to my email please supply me with your Presta forums user name as well.