Problems with Prestashop 1.5.3.1

Hello everybody,

I am new here, and I am desperate right now...

Before i start describing my problem, I've done a few searches through out the forum, and have found a few solutions, but, unfortunately, they're not applicable to me...

That being said,

The company where I work wants to start a new online shop, and I kinda got the job. The only eCommerce platform I've found in my cPanel is PrestaShop.

I've installed it, version 1.5.3.1, I access the BackOffice(i guess it's the right name), and then, without making any other modifications, I've clicked on View My Shop button...

in Firefox i get:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

and in Chrome i get the one with Error 310: Too many redirects(don't have Chrome available right now).

The thing is, I've kinda tried everything i've found(and could do), but nothing worked for me.

I want to mention to you guys that I am not an expert, so in case anybody wants to help...take me easy,please:)

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section,

Hope you could help,

Cheers,

Andrei

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've just asked my domain provider to update my MySQL version. They migrated my entire domain to another server, with upgraded MySQL and with support for every other e-commerce platform you can install through Softaculous. Now everything seems to work just fine.

Hope you can solve your problems.

Edited by andreivlad (see edit history)