Admin Preferences not saving ? Please Help

Having a strange one today with Prestashop 1.4.8.2 , within the admin control panel certain fields won't update and others change just fine.

Example adding a product works fine but if you try and change something in Tools / Preferences or Shipping nothing updates when a setting or value is changed.

This is what i have done so far...

1. I have added a php.ini file in both directories of 128Mb and added the ini settings in the configs , I can load all the modules fine without any memory errors so it can be a memory problem

2. I have restored the entire admin directory from the original PS source code to see if any of the admin php files had become corrupt.

3. Checked the translations and I can update them no problem in the admin panel.

4. I have checked the tables for errors by running a SQL repair in cPanel which found nothing.

5. I have enabled debug mode and show errors but nothing appears.

I really don't know what to do next , as I can't see the problem and because its working fine in some areas and not others makes this problem very strange.

Any advanced or technical advice or help would be helpful...

Thanks

I have just done a SQL test from phpMyAdmin

I have manually changed the variable PS_SHOP_ENABLE to 0 which should update in the preferences option as the shop is offline but it looks like the SQL variables are not updating the admin settings.

The other strange thing is I could still access the front end of the shop even when the variable PS_SHOP_ENABLE was 0 and the maintenance IP was empty.

Solved the problem

If anyone needs to fix this problem please do the following.

1. Delete the cache folder contents via FTP thats if you are using cache data

2. Modify your PHP.INI and make sure safe_mode is disabled.

safe_mode = Off

• Like 1