Migrating customer data from v1.3 to 1.5

Hi all,

I am re-designing my prestashop install and also migrating from 1.3 to 1.5 I have been experimenting with moving customer data - usernames passwords etc from the ps_customer table.

Now I have worked on prestashop for a number of years and have made many modifications and modules so I have a good working knowledge of prestashop but this has me stumped mainly because this is my first time trying to use 1.5.

I have successfully migrated the user data across to 1.5 but since I dont want 1000's of customers to change their passwords I copied my old cookie_key to the new installation which works and allows old customers to log on.

However this also breaks something that I am not aware of how to fix. Once the customer logs on the entire body section of the page is now missing and all I get is the header and the footer of the page.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there something in the new prestashop which is checking the cookie_key from within the pages?

Many thanks in advance.

Mark.

Update:

Never mind I solved the problem can you delete this post many thanks

Edited by markmalcolm (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hey Mark! I am doing the transfer of my customer base too right now. I am getting the same problems as you have. How did you manage to fix it? Can you give me some insight?! I would really appreciate it cause I REALLY do not want to bother all my customers (just like you!). Thanks.

• 8 months later...