AppleStore Theme Installation

Hi,

I purchased and downloaded v1.1 applestore theme and am having real trouble trying to install it.

Prestashop states that this theme is compatible with PrestaShop v1.5.0.0 - v1.5.2.0 and I have tried to install it with both v1.5.2.0 as well as the latest version of prestashop.

Do you think it will work with the latest version?

I have tried to use the import/export module but this just cause my whole website to freeze and become unworkable.

Could someone please tell me how to install this theme? The documentation provided in the zip file is for a completely different theme so that is of no use to me.

Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I used the contact developer link, is that what you mean been by support? They managed to install the template for me via my ftp.

I have found a few bugs with the template in the last couple of days. I reported these and the developer has responded saying they will look into them.

Still a little annoying when you have spent over £100 for a template.

Let me know how you get on.....

Hi

Yes it was the devoloper link I was talking about.

So they installed the theme for you? Did they offer that on their own, or did you put a little pressure on them?

What are the bugs you have found?

Have you managed to fix them on your own?

And - yes very annoying when it is just surposed to be running.

I have the same problem and i already wrote 2 times to the developer.

Here, just to let you know what happened to me, i think the same of you, more or less, this is what i wrote to them:

I have serious problems with Food Prestashop Theme - PRS020033, because doesn't work, absolutely doesn't work, i'm trying trying and trying but doesn't work, at the start I couldn't see it in my prestashop 1.5.3, later i saw the default theme has only one folder with all inside it, this new theme has not, so i put all its files in one folder only, just like the default theme is, then I started to see the theme in prestashop, but when i try to see it online, that is so ugly, that doesn't work good, I think something is wrong or maybe I need a new version that works on prestashop 1.5.3, but before to buy it i asked you if I can use this version and you answered that i will get the compatible version, I already wrote yesterday about it but nobody answered me, I hope it was because of sunday, waiting for your reply. Thanks.

I hope it works as Blueraccoon says or .... :angry: well... let's wait their answer

I didn't have to pester them; they asked for my details and then installed it via FTP upload. I noticed that some of the files they uploaded differ from those on the download ZIP when I made the purchase so I am not entirely sure what they did!!

The bugs I reported are as follows:

• The manufacture logo does not appear on the manufactures list with this template. I have tried with the default template and it works fine.
  • When stock management is enabled and a product is out of stock the "add to cart" and "view" product buttons are still visible but are styled incorrectly. The "add to cart" button does not work which is correct but it should not be visible.
  • When "show product available quantities" is enabled the number of items available does not show up in the template. I have checked with the prestashop default template and it works fine.

Lets hope I don't find anymore......

well, i'll wait for them,

I have a question for you, when I tried to install that version i saw it didn't work correctly but what i also saw, is that also the default theme changed, so, when you install a new theme, the default also change or there is a possibility that it will continue to work normally without any change? To get back the default theme again i had to restore prestashop, but what will happen when i'll install the theme i bought? the default theme will change again or not?

Edited by cescociao (see edit history)

I just managed to fix the following bug:

When product prices are hidden (i.e. you are using catalog mode) the "Add to Cart" button on each product page is "greyed" out to show that it is disabled. However on the Applestore theme this button has an orange bar on the bottom of it. To fix this you need to edit the following CSS file around line 268:

themes/applestore/css/global.css

You need to change the background colour in the following piece of code from #f4b61b to #CCCCCC. The following is the correct code:

}

input.button_disabled, input.exclusive_disabled, span.exclusive {

border:1px solid #ccc;

color:#999;

background:url(../img/bg_bt_2.gif) repeat-x 0 0 #CCCCCC;

cursor:default;

I hope that helps. Cheers.