After updating prestashop I got the following problem, too many redirects when trying to access the FO. After a rollback the site worked again, but i needed some bugs fixed so needed to upgrade to 1.5.3.1

So I installed a fresh install on a separate server, where everything was working fine.

Copied over the DB, and all the files, and again, same problem, too many redirects on FO..

Cleared cache, tried several computers, different browsers etc etc..

The path was changed in the BO, tried the DB URL as well, tried with a htaccess, and without. No solution was found.. While googling on this problem I found many links, but none supply an answer besides trying what I already have tried..

Can somebody tell me if this is a problem of the hosting provider or prestashop??

And what to try next???

Really tired of this problem as it's the second time, and no solutions are posted anywhere, and the forge is just a collection of links referring to a similar but different problem with 1.4.7..

Any help is very welcome...

I found the solution after hours trying and testing..

It seems that the new hosting server used mysql 4.1 (with myISAM) and the 1.5.3.1 copy on another server used InnoDB..

After contacting the hosting provider, I was able to install a new mysql 5.1 DB in INNODB and then the website worked.. (so far as I can tell, will test more tommorrow)...

I haven't seen this answer anywhere, so I hope the ppl from prestashop will put this in the frequently asked questions.. as a lot of people have been dealing with this problem when moving or porting a site...