stock/order issue

And no I do not have allow out of stock ordering enabled, I will try that. (but when the quantaty reaches 0 can they still order? I dont want them to be able to)

Also Yes I am trying to get that problem with the cart on the left fixed as well in annother listing (not getting far yet!)

Well, it let me put it an item in the cart and go to checkout.

I tried ordering 19 Mini Silicone Oven Mitt and it said you have 18 in stock. It still let me order 19.

I would make sure under Preferences/Products. At the bottom, make sure "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" is set to No.

Then on the actual product under Catalog/Products/Your item. In the Quanities tab, make sure either deny orders or Default if deny orders is you default (which it should be if you did the step before) is ticked like below.

When out of stock:

Also, I noticed your price on the mitt says:

$8.00

$8.00 per 1

You may want to try just putting a price in the Pre-tax retail price field instead of the Unit Price Per field like below. Not sure if that will make any difference as I've never used the Unit Price per field. Pre-tax retail price: $

The pre-tax retail price to sell this product Tax rule: add.gif Create Unit price: $ per

e.g. per lb

Yes, the prices work like I think you want them to now. Tried ordering 19 of those mitts and it wouldn't let me.

As for the duplicate cart. I think you have code for the cart module in the left column. I deleted using firebug and it looked like I showed you.

I think you may be able to get rid of it by going to your back office under Modules/Positions.

In the drop-down menu at the top of the Positions window, select Cart Block.

There should be one or two instances of Cart Block. Probably under "Header of Pages" and "Top of Pages".

If there is an instance with Left Column, you may want to try deleting it to see if that gets rid of it.

In IE it lets me add items to the cart but the item animation goes to the cart in the left column. In Firefox, the animation goes to the cart in the right column. Hope removing the left column cart sorts everything out.

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

I'm sorry. I just can't figure it out. Now the cart on the left side is disappearing which it wasn't before.

Something else has also changed. When things are added to the cart the animation goes up to the cart in the top right in all browsers now. I think this is how it's supposed to work.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out where the code is that is adding the cart to the left side.

yer that is the issue I am having with the left cart, I dont understand what is going on with it, it is very strange and a pain in the .....

I also dont understand code and have only been using prestashop about a week, spent nearly every day working on it, paid for the theme etc, I am now thinking I have made a mistake. I did not think prestashop would have so many bugs, but hay what can ya do!

thanks so much for your help.

Did you try with the default theme? Do you get the left cart with it?

Edit:

Oh, I see. The cart comes back when I mouse over the Cart up in the right side of the header.

Have you noticed that when you add a product to your cart. Mouse over the cart in the upper right, the mystery cart appears right next to it on the right side and then disappears and appears on the left column?

Where did you get the theme from?

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

i just tried the default theme and it goes away, but using the default theme the search bar is across the name of the site and many other things go all strange.

I got the theme from the prestashop site (they dont offer support for more than like 30mins, so no help), it did work fine for a while, but i had a problem with the cart/orders and on the forum they said uninstall and reinstall the cart to fix it, and then that is when the mystrey cart appeared! and caused more trouble.

I have a feeling it's something wrong with the theme and it not showing up with the default theme kind of verifies that.

I don't have your theme so I can't really go through it and see if I can spot anything. Sad they don't support their product very much.