A few questions on how to customize certain parts of prestashop

Fadyselim

Hi all,

i have stumbled on a problem which stops me from getting any furthur...

the first problem is the categories menu, this menu is the stock variant supplied by prestashop but what i want with this menu is for the first and second categorie layerto to be static and the nest layers to be dynamic. now my problem is that i do not now how to accomplish this task.

another problem I have stumbled upon is the carrier. The general idea of the webshop is to have free shipping in it's hometown and above €150,- but if both are not met then there should be a set shipping cost. It does not do pick-up orders. but how can this be accomplished?

for the record, I do have good knowledge of PHP and CSS but not AJAX or other languages for that matter. and i am working on customuzing the default theme in which i have already come pretty far but these problems are holding me back. any help would be greatly appreciated.

on a side note, if you want to see the site then give me your IP adress since it is in maintenance mode...

EDIT: took away the link to the website to prevent people on google search to find this post...

Edited by Fadyselim (see edit history)

Hi all,

I am an amateur programmer and I have just adopted a little project of my own for a webshop http://monisdierenwebshop.nl.

but now i have stumbled on a problem which stops me from getting any furthur...

the first problem is the categories menu, this menu is the stock variant supplied by prestashop but what i want with this menu is for the first and second categorie layerto to be static and the nest layers to be dynamic. now my problem is that i do not now how to accomplish this task.

another problem I have stumbled upon is the carrier. The general idea of the webshop is to have free shipping in it's hometown and above €150,- but if both are not met then there should be a set shipping cost. It does not do pick-up orders. but how can this be accomplished?

for the record, I do have good knowledge of PHP and CSS but not AJAX or other languages for that matter. and i am working on customuzing the default theme in which i have already come pretty far but these problems are holding me back. any help would be greatly appreciated.

on a side note, if you want to see the site then give me your IP adress since it is in maintenance mode...

Hi! Although I can't help you with your first issue as I am currrently trying to figure it out myself, I can give you a link to my tutorial on configuring the carriers and shipping costs. Here is the link, hopefully it is helpful.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/183777-solved-free-shipping-problem/page__p__1053890#entry1053890

this sure has helped me alot, thank you! but now there is still one thing left for me to do with this and that is that I need to configure that everyone in our hometown gets free shipping no matter the price but i can not find a way to configure that in the cart rules nor the shipping/carrier options... any help with that maybe?