Product Attribute Alternative to Combinations Generator or Modules

Theme: Wine shop

Prestashop Version: 1.5.2

Is there a way around using the combinations generator or a module if you don't need all those variations or pricing/ inventory tracking? Or is there a way to customize the code so it just generates just a limited amount of attribute and values just for the purpose of being selected to show on their shopping cart and invoice without it messing with the inventory or pricing?

I've manually entered new combinations however only the first entry shows on the shopping carts or invoices even if the customer selects all the drop-down boxes. Using the generator with as many items without a VPS I would have to reduce the amout of items or buy an module that may or may not work with my theme. I sell a product package where customers choose 9 products (or attributes) and each attribute gives 24 options (or values).

I just need to be able to allow customers to select the values in each attribute field so it shows up on the invoice for no other reason so customers see what's on the order and so I know what to pick up that day. It serves no other option as it does not affect pricing, inventory, etc since since I only track the main product and I don't track the attributes individually since I select the products the day of and don't keep physical inventory.

Edited by michaeldante (see edit history)

• 1 year later...