Multiboutique - Multilanguage - MultiCurrency

Hi,

I would like to configure a french-russian shop in multiboutique Prestashop 1.5.2:

1. any product is visible on both sides
  2. on french side the text is in french, price is in EUR, V.A.T. is 19,6%
  3. on russian side the text is in russian, price is in RUB, V.A.T. is 0%
  4. on front office there should be a button that allows to switch quickly between french and russian presentation of the same page
  5. on back office images, bar codes and stock quantities are entered only once

Using the new functionality I achieved some of these objectives (in particualr, 1, 5 are OK, and 2, 3 are partially OK) , but I have some problems that seem to be of general interest:

• I did not find a way how to configure ONLY French for french boutique (i.e. disable Russian for French boutique), and how to configure only one Russian language for Russian side. Thus, I have french and russian text on French boutique and also I have both languages on Russian boutique. Is there a way to choose language individually for each boutique?
  • I did not find a solution for 4. Can you recommend me something?

Currently, I have the following:

• For each product I enter four texts (russian and french on russian boutique + french and russian on french boutique). Fortunately, it is possible to enter russian text only once and french text only once for both boutiques.
  • I configure prices and V.A.T. individually for each boutique - and it works fine
  • Russian clients will be confused if they arrive on a russian page on the french boutique - the price is not the the price that they should pay. Thus, it is really needed to disable russian page on french boutique.
  • The same, French clients will be confused arriving on french page on russian boutique.

The solution can be to have a button on each page that switches from one boutique to another one, swithcing at the same time the language, the currency and the price. Is there a solution for it.

Thanks

altavic

Afaik it is possible but a little tricky.

You have to setup multiple shop in one shop group eg. for every language one shop. Than you goto localisation->languages like in http://www.prestashop.com/demo/demo/index.php?controller=adminlanguages&id_lang=1&updatelang

Username [email protected] Passwort prestashop_demo

and if multishop mode is enabled you can associate languages to the different shops/groups. This is just a rough description to get you into the right direction. I hope you can figure the rest out by yourself. It works the same way with currencies. It needs some testing and be prepared to encounter bugs with multshop which hopefully will be ironed out soon.

Best regards, trip

• Like 1

Thanx, Trip,

Now I fixed definitely 2 and 3; in Russian shop only Rusian and only roubles are enabled and on French side only French language and only Euros are enables - there is no EUR for russians and there is no roubles for French. It is OK now. The problem is some unnatural behaviour of prestashop user interface.

The only problem for which I did not fine the solution is 4 - the button switching among two shops.

On your site I found exactly what I need, namely:

When I am at

http://www.jing-shop...el-en-noir.html

I see at the upper right corner the flags menu.

I choose US flag and I arrive to

http://www.jing-shop...s-in-black.html

The source page is located at fr and the target page is located at en.

How to achieve it?

If I enable flags for language switching I switch between two languages at the same shop, as

france/index.php?id_product=9&controller=product

and

russie/index.php?id_product=9&controller=product and

How to make the switch between shops as is done on jing-shop instead of switching between languages?

Best regards,

altavic

Edited by altavic (see edit history)

Hi there,

when you seperate the stores you can not use the standard language switcher. You have to code something on your own or just use static links. In my case I have a standard 1.4.9. installation with language switcher but I am not able to give different prices, taxes etc.

I will implement something in the future I am sure multi-store mode works 100%.

Best regards, Trip