Slow BO - Spinning arrows on product update / addition

Hi,

I have a site with about 12 products in it, about 100 categories (most of which are empty). I am on a dedicated server with 4Gb of RAM. I'm using php 5.3 and InnoDb

On the same server I have a really old PS 1.1 which runs like greased lightning.

This 1.5.2 runs OK but when I get to add or edit a product I get the spinning arrows - sometimes up to 15 - 20 seconds of wait until all the product data and tabs appear.

I have caching on - and the performance settings all optimized (the fornt end runs just fine and most of the back end)

Using Firebug Page Speed I can see that all the jquery as well as other javascript files are actually cached so their transfer size is actually minimal.

The page outline loads in 0.5 seconds but the spinning arrows go on an on ......

Anyone got any ideas how to decrease this load time?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

We have noticed exactly the same problem aufter upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6. We have a sensibel amount of categorys and i dont know how to check for any routing problems with this webhoster. I know this is an old thread, but sympthoms are exactly the same. Any Advice is welcome.