Rearrange products in the featured products module

Hi,

I would like to re-arrange the order of display of the featured products. By default they are ordered as oldest added product first and up to newest added product last. I would actually like the opposite - I want the newest added products to be at the top.

I would also like the option to manually re-arrange the products in the Featured Products module according to my own preference.

I am using Prestashop 1.5.2.0

Hello,

To change display order of products in home featured products module or anywhere else, you need to go to:

BO > Preferences > Products

And make the changes accordingly to what you want & save.

If you want then to choose their position manually, you will have to select 'Position inside Category' and move them the way you want them to be displayed in their respective categories.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello,

To change display order of products in home featured products module or anywhere else, you need to go to:

BO > Preferences > Products

And make the changes accordingly to what you want & save.

If you want then to choose their position manually, you will have to select 'Position inside Category' and move them the way you want them to be displayed in their respective categories.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. but preferences > products does not affect the display order of the Featured Products module. I already tried it.

Any other suggestions?

well, yes. featured products have to be in the home category, otherwise they wouldn't be included in the Featured Products display...

going to catalog > products does not give any option for re-arrangement. please note that this re-arrangement option was probably available in prestashop 1.4, but in the new 1.5 version I cannot find it...

more importantly, my main goal is to have the products automatically arrange themselves according to the date they are added (newest ones on top), so manual re-arrangement is the second best option (if i can figure out how to do that). please note that setting Default Order Method to ascending or descending in the Preferences > Products section has no effect on the Featured Products module ... :(

I understand, unsure why they have removed the feature in 1.5

Their documents list ...

With this module, you can choose which products to highlight by placing them on your homepage.

In the configuration page, you can set the number of products you want to show. Once this value is saved, go into the configuration page of a product of your choice ("Catalog" menu). Select "Home" as the category into which the product appears, in addition to its current categories (do not remove its original category). Save your change, and you product will appear on your shop's home page.

Repeat for all of the products that you want to place on the home.

I'm not sure if this post may help with some playing about...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/199618-home-featured-on-ps-15x/

• 2 months later...

I would like to re-arrange the order of display of the featured products. By default they are ordered as oldest added product first and up to newest added product last. I would actually like the opposite - I want the newest added products to be at the top.

Hello kislam. A bit late but if you still need this, have a look at what I posted some minutes ago in the following topic:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/212974-featured-products-sort-order

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

• 1 year later...