Cart Rules - won't discount more than 1 item

Hello,

Am new to Cart Rules and trying to set up a voucher discount giving customers a pound off each craft kit (my only product) they order from me.

They're usually 8.99 and I want to offer a pound off.

I thought I'd configured it correctly, and it's fine if a customer buys just one kit, but if they buy more than one, then still only get a pound off, when I want a pound discount per item.

So then I wrote four different cart rules, each with the same voucher code (as you can only buy a max of 4 items in my shop) and I gave priority to the cart rule that applies to the max purchase price, with lowest priority for the total purchase of 8.99 (1 item). The 4 cart rules then had different discounts (£4 pounds off for max purchase price that would mean a customer had bought 4 items and then descending to £1 for the purchase price of £8.99, meaning a customer had bought just 1 item). This seems to have no effect at all and still just gives £1 off in total, no matter how many items are in the cart.

I'd really appreciate a steer on this - am sure it's a basic error on my part, but I'm a bit stumped. I've attached screenshots of my initial set-up (when I had just the one cart rule). Apart from priority and different maximum order price for voucher to come into effect, I set up my other cart rules the same.

Many thanks in advance!

PS: url = littlegeniuscrafts.com/shop

post-417580-0-05839000-1354702462_thumb.jpg

post-417580-0-59982000-1354702557_thumb.jpg

post-417580-0-20138600-1354702567_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Personally I would try to set the 'Total Available per user' from the default 1 to 5 (or 4 since that is the max of this products they can buy anyway) on page 2.

Just a wild 2 cents worth feeling that might be the problem in your set up. I have not tested this, but it will be easier for you to just change the number ;)

Good luck!

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Hello VicMedia,

Go to the Conditions tab within the Price Rules tab for your particular price rule. From there, increase the number for the 'Total available for each user' field. In testing, the default is set to 1, so when I added more than one of the same item to my cart, only the first was discounted. After increasing that number, adding more than one of the same item to my cart gave me a discount for each one.

Best Regards,

Scott M

Edited by scottm (see edit history)