how to hook homefeartured products in new cms page?

Hi, boys and girls. :) .

I have created a new category page in horizzontal topmenu' which is closed to <home> and called <jeans>, and now i want to add the module of homefeartued products only to this page of <jeans> . and add image of jeans into this page, but i can't find the right way . can u tell me what need i to do ? How to do with hook? thx! :huh: <. example http://www.okmoda.it/shopping/7-ABITI > how can i have a page like this?

Edited by fabriano (see edit history)

I don't understand your question.

If you are looking to assign your home featured products to jeans category just go to the product you want in your back office and under association -> associated categories, check the jeans category and the home.

that way your product will be associated (shows) in jeans category & home featured module at home page.

to attach an image to jeans category just go to catalog/categories in back office -> edit your jeans category and upload the image you want.

I hope it's what your asking :)

I don't understand your question.

If you are looking to assign your home featured products to jeans category just go to the product you want in your back office and under association -> associated categories, check the jeans category and the home.

that way your product will be associated (shows) in jeans category & home featured module at home page.

to attach an image to jeans category just go to catalog/categories in back office -> edit your jeans category and upload the image you want.

I hope it's what your asking :)

Hi! yaniv14

Sorry of bad english, well, i try to explain to u, there is a module of feartured products at the homepage, like a window of exposiotion for the products, now i want this module can be copyed to the <jeans> page too.so?

Like I said, your jeans is not a page its a category you created and when you add a new product in your back office you can assign a category or couple of categories to it and also home which will show it at featured product module.

in your back office go to catalog/product and choose one of the products your want at your jeans page/category after choose -> association -> associated categories, check the jeans category and the home.

Like I said, your jeans is not a page its a category you created and when you add a new product in your back office you can assign a category or couple of categories to it and also home which will show it at featured product module.

in your back office go to catalog/product and choose one of the products your want at your jeans page/category after choose -> association -> associated categories, check the jeans category and the home.

Hi, yaniv, well, I know how to cr8 a new product, or a category. maybe u haven't understand what i want :( , i want know how to make page with a catalog chart like this page http://www.okmoda.it/shopping/14-JEANS .there are more then 30 products at the exposition window, 4 products per row, line by line! it looks so clear!

When i cr8 a new products , it does;t appear like this. th products created is 1 products for 1 row.

Edited by fabriano (see edit history)

this is just css modification (graphic design), can you post a link to your site so I can take a look

:) ofc, my link is WWW.JEANS168.COM anyway, there is nothing there, i am still studying how to work with prestashop. so in which CSS file i should to modify?

if you want to modify the product list inside you category (like http://www.okmoda.it/shopping/14-JEANS) than you need to edit:

themes/default/css/product_list.css.

I can help you if you want but i need you to add about 8 products into 1 category

I dont have 8 photos this moment, i will get much photo later, i am still studying the prestashop how to work, i want put the photo at last step. so can u tell me the code for the css? or it must be need 8 photos?

it doesn't have to be 8 product, its just that if you want 4 products in a line, I need at least 4 product to see the outcome of the css modification and also if you have 5 products i can see the reflect on 2nd line.

so its important to have more than 4 products.

you can duplicate products just for the test, in your catalog/products you can duplicate products including their images, and later you can erase those duplicated products.

Also if you want me to help you need to enable your store or add my IP address to your maintenance.

If you want to try your self, basically this is the css the other site uses for product_list. (but its might not be exactly the same, depend if they modified the tpl file as well)

ul#product_list{

margin-top:2em; list-style-type:none; width: 754px; overflow:hidden;

}

ul#product_list li {

background: #d0d3d8 url('../img/block_category_item_bg.jpg') repeat-x; border: solid 1px #d0d3d8; float: left; padding: 0px; width:180px; height:350px; margin-bottom:6px; margin-right:6px;

}

ul#product_list p {

margin: 5px 5px 3px 5px; padding:0; height:35px;

}

ul#product_list li a {

text-decoration:none; color:#374853; margin-top:7px;

}

ul#product_list li a {

text-decoration:none; color:#374853; margin-top:7px;

}

ul#product_list a.product_img_link {

margin-top:4px; display:block;

}

ul#product_list li h3 {margin:0.4em 0;}

ul#product_list li .new {

background:transparent url(../img/flag_new_bg.jpg) repeat-x scroll 0%; border:1px solid #488C40; color:white; font-size:0.6em; font-weight:bold; margin:0pt 1em 0pt 0pt; padding:0pt 0.4em; text-transform:uppercase; vertical-align:0.3em;}

ul#product_list li p.product_desc{ font-size:13px; }

ul#product_list li div.center_block{ float:left; width:95%; }

ul#product_list li div.right_block{ float:left; width: 11em; text-align:right; margin-left:1em; margin-top:1.5em; }

ul#product_list li .discount{ color:#da0f00; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; display: block;

}

ul#product_list li .on_sale{

color:#da0f00;

text-transform:uppercase;

font-weight:bold;

}

.on_sale{

color:#da0f00;

text-transform:uppercase;

font-weight:bold;

}

ul#product_list li .reduction {