Slowness and Addresses

Hey Guys,

Just a bit of background, we're currently on 1.2.5 (I know, its old) which works fabulous for us. I'm a bit of a programmer, so whatever shortcomings 1.2.5 had I've been able to get past with help from here of course. That being said, we're looking to upgrade to 1.5.2 mainly because the look of 1.5 is much more modern and clean. I love the top menu and slider!

I've tried two things. A clean install and an upgrade. What I've found is a clean install makes a website that is MUCH slower than an upgrade for some reason. Those of you who are complaining about the slowness of 1.5 really need to try the upgrade process.

Now the upgrade process: We upgraded from 1.2.5 to 1.4.9 with no issues. The issue came when upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.5.2. We're in Canada, so most of our customers are Canadian which means province is required for tax and shipping purposes. We found that the country after upgrade to 1.5.2 changed from "Canada" to "CA" and the province information disappeared.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to avoid? I'd rather not have to go through ALL of our customers and change the country and province after upgrade. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!