Trying to modify a template's menu

Yossefelbaz

Hi.

I am a new member, so maybe i am asking the wrong question in the wrong place... ;)

The template we have comes with left menu. This menu always open, categories listed with subcategories all the way down. (see it at dressmeupny.com) I am trying now to make it accordion like menu. I have the code and it is working (i took it off for now because of the issue).

The issue i have is this script: (category-tree-branch.tpl)

<li {if isset($last) && $last == 'true'}class="last"{/if}>
<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|truncate:30:'...'|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>
{if $node.children|@count > 0}
 <ul>
 {foreach from=$node.children item=child name=categoryTreeBranch}
  {if isset($smarty.foreach.categoryTreeBranch) && $smarty.foreach.categoryTreeBranch.last}
{include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child last='true'}
  {else}
{include file="$branche_tpl_path" node=$child last='false'}
  {/if}
 {/foreach}
 </ul>
{/if}
</li>

When i am changing the first anchor (<a ...></a>) part to <A href="#"> it changing all the links to this, and i want it to affect only the category link not the subcategories. So i am looking to understand how to check if it's a category or subcategory. I tried to get idea what is the element of the $node root but i couldn't. Like if i could get if it's $node.first or not, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Yossefelbaz (see edit history)