Google Analytics: how to use anonymize IP feature?

hi, in fancy countries like mine it is not recommended though not actually forbidden (yet) to use Google Analytics without anonymizing the IP address of the visitor. There is a small code snippet which needs to be added to the GA code to hide the last numbers of the IP adress:

_gaq.push(['_gat._anonymizeIp']);

see here

does anybody know whether this is implemented in GA for 1.4.8.x? I know that for 1.3.2.x I once had a very nice GA module whith a convenient radio box to enable the anonymizing. Now in 1.4.8.2 with GA module in version 1.4.1 there is no such function. Is there a newer version of the module which come with the anonymizing option?

Or, where would I have to put that little code above?

Thanks

Alright, seems like that needs to go somewhere in the header.tpl of the ganalytics module. can anybody confirm whether this is the right place below (showing the first 8 line of the header.tpl):

<script type="text/javascript">
var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', '{$ganalytics_id}']);
_gaq.push (['_gat._anonymizeIp']);
// Recommanded value by Google doc and has to before the trackPageView
_gaq.push(['_setSiteSpeedSampleRate', 5]);
{if isset($pageTrack)}_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '{$pageTrack}']);{/if}

Edited by Pippo3000 (see edit history)

alright, code seems to go there. page loads fine. just 1 more and even bigger issue:

Under Active Pages ALL my site traffic goes to /order/step0.html. And I mean all traffic. 100%. Only when I look at Page Title then I see the name of the product. So I can still somehow use Analytics via Page Title reports but how the #$§ comes that the only active page is order/step0.html?!?

alright, code seems to go there. page loads fine. just 1 more and even bigger issue:

Under Active Pages ALL my site traffic goes to /order/step0.html. And I mean all traffic. 100%. Only when I look at Page Title then I see the name of the product. So I can still somehow use Analytics via Page Title reports but how the #$§ comes that the only active page is order/step0.html?!?

will create new topic for my other issue

• 2 years later...