After installing theme with wrong compatibility and taken over module setting

Hi,

I am completely new to prestashop, but after working with Magento a while, I am astonished and fascinated ...

I have just a test install on the web, played around a bit, and have taken a free theme for installing it over the "import/export a theme"- module, which I installed before. The free theme was delivered for this module in a zip also. I am talking about Omega Theme Jewelery.

I installed and in "import/export a theme"- module I have chosen, that the new settings of modules, related to the free theme, should be used (not "both").

The theme is only compatible with 1.4 presta and I obviously would have more to do to make the modules running (generally), cause they are delivered in a different package ( I just didnt look if the theme was for the latest version).

I suppose the theme simply doesnt work with the 1.52 presta I have installed.

Anyway , its just testing.

I activated the default theme again, but everything seems messed up.

So, out of interest now:

Can I roll it back, that the module settings are the same as before?

(Because of the question in "import/export a theme"- module, while installing theme to keep existing module settings, take the ones directed by the theme (recommended), or both)

And when installing a theme in the future, that comes like Jewelery, should I always choose to keep both settings (from theme and from shop default) ?

Thanks in advance.

Andre

Edited by webass (see edit history)