Payment country restriction does not seem to work correct

Hello,

Within my 1.5.2 shop I need to restrict one payment module (Paypal) on country so it is not allowed in the Netherlands (so a check box at every country except Netherlands). However when I do this Paypal does not show up at the other countries (for example Germany). When I check the box at Netherlands, Paypal shows up at Germany and Netherlands.

The payment module choose engine seems only to look at Localization->Configuration->Default country for the country restriction and not at the country of the customers address. I can confirm this because I have changed the Default Country and the country restriction seem to follow my change.

Does any body know how to fix this, even with a hack in the php code?

Kind regards,

Edwin

I just fresly installed a test shop and tested the restrictions again. It looks like the 'default country' is always filtering the payment gateways first with the country restrictions and then the country of the address of the customer.

So;

Default country NL

1)

NL paypal: N ideal: Y

GB paypal: Y ideal: N

NL customer sees only ideal.

GB customer sees NO payment option.

2)

NL paypal: Y ideal: Y

GB paypal: Y ideal: N

NL customer sees ideal and payapl.

GB customer sees only paypal.

3)

NL paypal: N ideal: N

GB paypal: Y ideal: Y

NL customer sees no payment options.

GB customer sees no payment options.

So it looks like the payment gateway list is restricted twice; first with the default country restriction rules and then with the restriction rules of country of the address! It seriously looks like a bug!

Edited by pipo1000 (see edit history)