import just pictures

A simple trick is to add your images with Store Manager.

Using this desktop application I don't have any issues with images updating. I make the following: 1.export my products to .csv file with two columns "reference" and "product ID"; 2.Than I open it in Excel and make a third column "product images" 3. I add names of images in row corresponding the product I want to update; 4. I put this formula CONCAT([CSV_COL(3)],'.jpg') into field "expression" while importing via Store Manager (instead of 3 you must indicate the number of your product image column)

I suggest you to try this method. It might be helpful. Store Manager for Prestashop has a long trial period. You can download it for free on presta's market place:

http://addons.presta...re-manager.html

Edited by xavierdidon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That sounds decent, my problem is that when I upgraded, the image formats or names changed to the _default and I tried to regenerate the thumbnails, which worked somewhat except I have like 9 thousand files, it crashes. I I figured, delete the pictures, reimport, but the csv import, i don't know if it'll do it, and it crashes sometimes too.

Problem is the limit of 5 items per export makes it not very practical

Edited by matthewrutledge (see edit history)