Prestashop multistore and multilingual URL rewrite

Setting up a Prestashop with multistore functionality together with multilingual support. This means that

Prestashop from default would define my URL as:

domain.com/store/lang => domain.com/uk/ja (UK store with Japanese language)

However I would really appreciate my URLs to have both store and language at one level:

domain.com/store-lang => domain.com/uk-ja

I figured out that this might be possible through either .htaccess or the dispatch.php file. However can't seem to get it working. And I would also appreciate a solution where it is not too hacky and harcoded many places.

I hope someone might have tried this before or maybe able to think of any possible solution :)

Edited by designeren (see edit history)

Its not exactly the same situation. I would just really like the URLs to become: /store-language and not /store/language.

I figured out that the Dispatcher.php class is annoying even when I am trying to edit the .htaccess. Is there simply not any easy way to do this? I think it is not exactly good for SEO either?

If you really need that I would try to setup uk-ja as Physical URI .. You than have to disable all other languages for that shop so that only japanese language is ascociated .. look under

Localization> Languages > Edit Shop association

That is basically how that should work. Hope that helps, regards, trip

For Soak22. You setup 2 stores in the way I mentioned above. Everyone has one language ascociated and than you maybe make static links to the shop or try to achive the switch with a custom module/hack. I doubt that it this is implemented by default.

With the approach one shop/one language the default ps language switcher logically will not work.

Anyway, afaik there were some problems fixed with multistore stock management. I would test that before if it is working as expected.. if not wait for the next version which is hopefully released soon. Can't wait to use these features too ;) ... look e.g. at http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-5552

Best regards, trip

Hi designeren,

if you set my approach up in a propper way it is basically one store with multi language support. The customer will not see a difference. I needed a couple of days to play and understand the full concept and is pretty nifty although, as a new feature, maybe with some bugs and I am not sure if features like 'sharing carts' in a shop group already work which is mandatory your case.

As you connect the different shop instances in a shop group it is basically one shop (for the customer) but whith a lot more freedom than packing it all into one single shop instance. Downside, the learning and testing curve is slightly higher but anyway I do not want to convince you. I just recommend to dive deeper into the subject if you want maximum flexibility for the future.

Best regards, trip