Hi,

I need to set up a dropshipping system that will split an order based on which supplier offers it - for example, if I order an iPod Nano from Apple and a Doodad from ExampleTech, two orders will be created - one will contain the iPod Nano, and the other will contain the Doodad. This will function similarly to the way multishipping works at the moment.

I have tried to get the delayed shipping to work, but as mentioned in the other thread about delayed shipping, it doesn't seem to actually be working at the moment. A single order is still being created when an out of stock item is ordered with an in stock item, and they are both dumped in the same place. I had intended to add something to intercept an order and split it by supplier instead of stock, but as I'm unable to get it to work, I can't do that.

My question basically boils down to:

1) Is there a module / inbuilt functionality that will allow me to split an order based off of the supplier, and display the orders all under the umbrella of the same order (similarly to how multi shipping currently works), or

2) Is it worth my time trying to hack away at the multishipping code to intercept orders and split them without prompting the customer, or is there a simpley way for me to implement it?

Thanks in advance.