Updating 1.4.8 to 1.5.

Hello,

I have a prestashop store with 1.4.8.2 version and I tried to uptade to 1.5.2.0, it was impossible. I tried with the module "update" and manual, but it was impossible.

After that, I tried to update to 1.5.1.0, but I had the same problem.

I have one question.

Can I do a new installation with 1.5.2.0 but using the database that I have with the version 1.4.8.2?

Edited by japanknife (see edit history)
  • Like 1

No, you can't.

What you can do is to do a manuall update. This means that you will need to make a full backup of the files and database before proceeding because there is no rollback functionality.

What you need to do is to get yourself the latest version and extract it so that you can clean it up a bit - remove extra files (like /img/p etc). After that you overwrite the files from the site with the ones from your cleaned folder.

The next step is to go to /install/upgrade/upgrade.php and wait and see if there are errors. If there are none, congratulations, that's it.

If there are, you either verify each one and make the corrections or you do a manual restore of the files from the backup made earlier :)

Usually, the shouldn't be any errors, or the ones that crop up are not really errors, not show-stoppers anyway, but you should check them anyway - examples that i see usually are around database structure modifications, or bugs in the installer.

PS: you should try all of this on a localhost installation/clone of the live site first ;) because the 1.5 is not really compatible with 1.4 ones - there are some rather large modifications in the templates (there is an article on the wiki about them).

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I tried a manual update and an update with the module and in both cases I had an errors. I had error=34 I don't find any solution.

I restored my backup ( database and files ), but I would like to update the store to use multi shops.

Hmm ,that is nasty.

You can allways try to redo the upgrade process :), but really think the results will be the same.

Did you set dev/debug mode on? you can take a look and see in the /config/config.inc.php, and also set display errors to on.

Are there any errors in the error_log in public_html?

• Like 1

How can I know which files are cleanable and which not?

What if I overwrite autoupgrade folder from 1.5.2 into installed 1.4.8. Will AutoUpgrade works then?

This is cracy T_T

Hi, i was asking japanknife to overwrite the override folder from the public_html. That folder and it's content ca be safely replaced by the one from the install archive. Mostly is contains empty classes that extend from the core classes of prestashop. For all intents and purposes it is not involved in the install/upgrade/autoupgrade process.

• Like 1

Hello.

My problem is that, custom autoupgrade module wasn't working.

It said: AutoUpgrade funtion is disable.

I try to update the AutoUpgrade module. But there is no AutoUpgrade Module on PrestaShop's Addons site. I found 1-Click Update Prestashop Module. I downloaded and installed. After that, I ran it.

I made backup first and stuff.

It started upgrading to 1.4.9. Guessed that it need to be version by version.

When it finnished everything just crashed.

Now, I cannot access backoffice. It says Access deny. And there is nothing I can do.

And it also says it is still on 1.4.8.2.

I'm going to try to upload a fresh Admin folder from the same version.

Actually, there are a couple of things you can do.

First one, try to clear your cookies.

Second, try to see if the two cookie keys in the settings.inc.php and the rjindael keys in the same file (it is in /config folder) are the same as in the old version. They are used to verify the hashed/crypted password in the database against the one you enter.

Third, you need to check in the database that your user (usually the one with id 1) has the proper access - for that you should check that in the (ps_)access table you have records with all the id-s of the tabs with acces rights, if there are missing ones, you can add the missing records. Don't worry, extra records don't break anything. Usually there should be around 100-110 records for user id 1. (an example line would be 1 | some tab id | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 , where some tab id is a value between 1 and the max id of your tabs). It's the same for any admin user.

And do a backup of that table before doing stuff in it.

If all of that are not helping, there should be some entries in the error_log for the admin folder.

And a last resort solution. Check the /admin_folder/autoupgrade/backup. You should find there the backup for the files and at least another subfolder with the database backup before the upgrade ;)

• Like 1

I have been trying all out, but not solving it.

I checked cookie_key and rjindael_key and both have same code, old and current.

About (ps_)access table, I could never find it. I'm sorry...

There is no "admin" folder on any of my PrestaShop Versions (1.4.8.2 or 1.4.9)

I saw that there is "admin" folder on downloaded 1.5.2 PS Version.

What should i do? Copy and paste 1.5.2 admin folder into my current version?

My problem now is that, after loggin in PrestaShop BackOffice, it keep saying: Access Deny.

And there is nothing I can do after that.

T_T

Well then, if you are in the back office you just need to properly edit the access table in the database.

The table is named ps_access if you kept the original prefix during installation, access if without prefix or prefix_access.

It's quite easy to find, it should be among the first tables listed.

I didn't see in the backoffice, but directly in the database. More precisely, if you have acces to cPanel (or somethink similar) you can start phpMyAdmin from there and edit directly in the database.

Some people say that you can get to Permissions tab and it should regenerate the entries in the database table (not that it actually worked for me).

The solution for your problem is pretty simple, just edit the access table as i said in my earlier posts and everything should work.

• Like 1

Please, I still need help solving this.

I posted this problem on Bug Report, at PrestaShop Forge, but haven't received any reply yet...

My whole business will crash if I don't fix this.

I tryed to erase updated Shop Folder and upload the backup folder and still have Deny Acces problem.

I don't understand...

Please...

This is an error registrered at error_log file:

[17-Nov-2012 15:36:57 UTC] PHP Warning: include(/home/tokyocaf/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tokyocaf/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 803

[17-Nov-2012 15:36:57 UTC] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home/tokyocaf/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tokyocaf/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 803

[17-Nov-2012 15:36:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Smarty_Internal_Data' not found in /home/tokyocaf/public_html/shop/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 86

If you tried to restore the shop to the state it was before the upgrade, the process is below:

- First of all make sure that the backup archive is ok. If the archive opens and you can extract the files within without problem, you can erase the updated shop files (more or less the entire public_html content) and expand the backup there, the goal is to have in public_html folder only the files existing there before the upgrade, that's why you delete the modified ones, to ensure that after you extract the original files from the backup you have only those files.

- second step is to import the database backup in phpmyadmin, to replace the modified one from the upgrade with the one before the upgrade.

That's it.

PLEASE: BEFORE DELETING ANYTHING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID BACKUP FOR THE FILES AND THE DATABASE, preferably somewhere locally or outside the public_html folder.

About the ps_access table, that table is a core one (it controls who, where and what an account do in admin), trust me it should be in the database. If that table does not exist, nobody would be able to access the admin area.

PS: if you are not sure about how you should proceed, please try to get someone ho knows how to do this stuff to do it for you or ask your hosting provider to help you. They might even be able to restore the site files and database from their backups (any serious hosting company have automated backup systems in working order).

Edited by urecheatu007 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Definetly i made a wrong restoring process... T^T

I will contact my Host Proveider to make a rollback or something.

Meanwhile, talking about access table.

This is a screenshot of database where i cannot find that table:

databasetable.jpg

If my problem is that I cannot access. And i cannot find that table. That might be the root of the problem.

Maybe there is no table and that's why I cannot access...

I don't know who can solve this for me. Even paying...

That table is indeed missing, but your problem is that you managed to mangle the files. So even if you restore that table in the database, you still have a broken shop.

This is why i recommend a restore right now. You don't strike me as having experience about this stuff, so statistically at least, your chances to make things work properly by yourself are kind of zero.

If the hosting company cannot or do not want to help you, i will, at no charge, but please first ask the hosting company to help you, because if they have a proper backup, you will surely have a proper functioning shop.

• Like 1

Hi again.

My Hosting service just save one restore point. And the last one is from today.

This is like the worst luck ever a person can have...

They asked me for a file.sql to make a restore. But, obviously, i don't have it. Because i am useless :D

They also told me that don't know how to create a ps_access table. This would be a way to fix the problem. They asked me to contact the table provider... But, I don't know who are they talking about. ù_u

What do you think about this? :)

If you did the upgrade first by autoupgrade you will find in the admin/autoupgrade folder the backups made by the autoupgrader module. They contain the date of creation in the name. Also in the same folder you'll find at least a folder with a similar name. Those contain the database backups.

If you followed the recommended settings in the module, then you need to copy and use for restore the most recent ones. Copy them in your computer, verify that the big backup archive contains everything and replace the files from the server with the ones from the archive.

The database backup will need to be imported from phpmyadmin.

• Like 1