1.4.8.2 to 1.5.2 Error 500

Well, i trying to take the leap and do a upgrade which seems to fail. I tried to do a upgrade from 1.4.8.2 to 1.4.9, and was going to stay there but the Stats page has count issues and I really need this, so that is not a option, so i looked at doing the 1.4.8.2 to 1.5.2 upgrade and when i upgrade the system all looks ok in the auto upgrade log, but onces it is done i try to load any page and I just get a error 500.

I look in the apache log and i see:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Hook::exec() classes/Dispatcher.php on line 346

not sure why I am getting this, and I can't load any of the pages. Any one have a ideas. The main reason even for the update is I have customers who are complaining about how slow the site (1.4.8.2) is when they have a lot of items in there shopping carts. I also have issues if the users cart is two big the checkout will just go blank for them. This speed issue seems to be fixed in the newer version from what I can see, but i just can't get the update to work for me. I am trying to do the upgrade with the 1-Click Upgrade for both upgrade tests.

l