[Solved] Multi-shop set up help required

I am really baffled

I have read the help pages on this, and it does seem straighforward, but I cannot get it to work

I have 1.5.2 installed and working juts fine at www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

Now, I want a store for wholesale with minimu quantities set and a higher price reduction. All of this is posible

So, I enabled multistore - great no problems

I added a new store following the guidelines on the help paged. Fantastic. In the back office I can do all the manipulation required. I set up the second store using www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale

According to the instructions i have done nothing else, (i.e. not set up a new sub domain)

But front office does not work. If I go to www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale I just get a page not found

So, how do I get the front office to recognise www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale

do I have to go against the instructions and actually register a sub-domain with the hosting company? If so, what then, where do I direct the subdomain to?

Baffled :(

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Got it!

Thanks to http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196545-configuration-multi-boutiques/page__fromsearch__1

This is not intuitive to me, but now I know, i think i understand

So, if you have only one domain name (domain.com) and you have a shop up and running, and you want to create another shop at domain.com/secondshop then:

You set the new shop url , physical URL, and domain ssl as the same as the original store (domain.com)

then you set the virtual uri as the extension. in the is example you would set it as secondshop/

If you look underneath, it puts everything together fr you so that the final url is www.domain.com/secondshop/

and all works fine

So for my particular shop

I have www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk already set up as the main store, I want to create a new store at www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale

so

domain:www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

Domain ssl: www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

physical URI: /

Virtual URI: wholesale/

Fianl URL:www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/wholesale

Sorted

:)