Point me to the forum for rubber meets the road kind of suggestions for end user...not developer

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for training and tips for actually getting orders to my customers - Is there a training for that?

I've read the guide...I need to set up dealers as customers - I enabled the B2B capability but all that does is allow a Company name to be added - the database still revolves around the actual person who created the profile...as you know that is changeable from time to time.

What would really be nice is to take the store contacts on my locator and be able to designate them as Dealer customers - then I'd not have to enter them one by one or add a new import BUT I will if someone tells me how to create a business customer - and by the way - entering the business name in the first name last name fields is LAME. Some of my dealers also have terms but if I enter their order as being paid by check the shop won't let me have an invoice.

Add to that the fact that I need to be able to specify which warehouse a product should be deducted from plus the ability to edit it if need be (would like a rule like if shipping to the US use warehouse 1, if Canada or worldwide then warehouse 2).

So I think that is the tip of the iceberg, any and all responses will be greatly welcome!

There are two parts to this answer..

First.. PrestaShop is an online store. It is created for people/buinesses who want to sell things to people. You can shoe-horn it, make some "lame" configurations, etc. but out of the box, you sell widgets to the public, in general, an for that, it's pretty good.

Second.. That is not to say you can't use PrestaShop to do what you want to do, but you have to realize that it is not designed to do exactly that. In order to get to your perfect solution, you will need a development partner if you are not a developer, as it sounds. Someone you can say.. hey.. I want to do (name backflip here) and have them code it up for you. In most cases, unless you are very very lucky, this costs money. The more you need to do things PS doesn't do out of the box, the more money you will have to spend to get there.

If your goal is to have a free magic button you can press and have a version of PrestaShop customized to your business which is not simply selling items to the public online, you are most likely going to be very disappointed when you find this will not be the case.