An overdone topic, but changing obvious theme features

Hi all,

This isn't another silly question about changes to CSS, but I recently bought the 'cave plus' theme and am a little disappointed. With all of the GUI features (with presta in general) with block and block positions, logo, product view options and so on, I'm really surprised there isn't an option to change the background image, font type/size, etc. I don't mind fiddling with CSS, but it always concerns me as when an update arrives, those changes I made, may need to be re-located and re-applied. I do add comments to all code changes, so finding them again isn't a headache, but it is an inconvenience I was hoping to do without?

Am I wrong in thinking this - or have I perhaps missed an area of the GUI that could assist me with this area?

Thanks Community! :)

Most basic css changes are made in the global.css, which resides in the css directory of your theme. You should be able to make any appearance changes in css files under the theme. Which means that when an upgrade comes along, your theme changes won't get upgraded (until you manually change them). Only the core application gets upgraded.

• Like 1

Thanks rturner, very much appreciated. Yes indeed you're correct - I've spent the best part of the day finding out, but have now fixed it!

Thanks for the reassurance though, I had assumed the CSS would be over written as well.

The only thing I have confusing me now, is a silly image in the footer (right justified). No matter what CSS/tpl files I change, it never goes away. I've given up with that though and just given it a different image size to refer too.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.