Job offer: Invoice modifications with 1.5 (email, shipping method, customer com, 10 day forecast)

buggindave

I need a reliable programmer that could accomplish projects for me. For an independent freelancer looking for a longterm deal, please quote me on the following:

I need the following added to the printed Invoice of each order:

1. Client email
  2. Shipping Method
  3. Customer Comments/System messages (“Payment Accepted” and such from Paypal as well as client-viewable comments on order)
  4. Option: please quote this separately. 10 Day Forecast chart from the date invoice is printed using the order’s shipping address zip code as the source, positioned at the bottom of the invoice..
    • Forecast Chart: Highs and Lows for shipping address zipcode.
    • http://www.wunderground.com
      • I believe the API is available at this site, but if you have a better answer, I’m all ears.

A little about SPF and me personally. My name is Dave Cross, some call me The Bug Man, and I manage Small Pet Feeders out of Marietta, Georgia, USA. We are largely an internet based business, and just completing our first year of business. We sell and ship live insects for exotic pet foods for reptile hobbyists, live fishing bait from around the world for American fishermen and women, and beneficial organisms such as insects used for organic pest control (insects that eat other insects). At the starting stages, we don't have much of a budget and really do a lot of trade out work where we can, so we're looking to work with a programmer who can keep his or her wage at a rate we can afford over the long term. We have a very unique business fitting a very unique niche, and we like that. And since this is unexplored territory, I need someone who can work with programming different modules and modifications for me. Also need someone to design us a template, but that's another topic for another thread.

But If you could quote this so we can afford you, I need the same type of weather forecast chart used in this invoice modification, along with a couple of forecast nationwide maps of the US, positioned just above Shipping Methods in checkout to assist the client in choosing the correctshipping method. You see, shipping live insects around the US can become even more difficult when trying to get clients to understand that if temps fall below 45 degrees or rise above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, then they need Fedex 2 Day or better. With a forecast chart, and even a visual aid with a Forecast Nation Map, this could help out customers choose the right shipping method. Maybe you could even design a module that would highlight suggested choices with the forecast output considered, which could be quite easy if you could have the script interpret the output from the forecast API. If you're interested in this additional job, please shoot me some ideas you have and what this would cost me.

Please send all quotes (Invoice mods, the Invoice Forecast Chart, and the bonus job quote/ideas) with the Subject line "Presta Reply: Invoice Mod Quote" to (or just click the following link for email template)...

[email protected]

Along with your resume or a brief synopsis of your qualifications and portfolio would be nice. I look forward to working with you.

-Dave Cross

www.SmallPetFeeders.com

Edited by buggindave (see edit history)