Different priced and stock codes for attributes - SOLVED

Hi All,

We currently have a website built on osCommerce, which is getting rather long-in-the-tooth. The v3 of osC is not yet ready for Prime Time, so we are looking for an alternative. I have been looking at Zen Cart but it does not have some of the functionality we require (being able to assign different prices, stock and codes and weights to different attributes of the same product - for example, a speargun comes in different barrel length variations and each variation has a different part number, price & weight).

I have installed Prestashop and have started playing around with the functionality but there does not seem to be any way to give a product different attributes, prices & weights. Am I missing something? Or does Prestashop not actually have this functionality? I can't understand how any e-commerce setup cannot have this very basic functionality. If you have products that have several different models/attributes at different prices and weights you don't really want to have to list each variation as a separate product.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Porpoise (see edit history)