BO search to include EAN or Supplier Reference ID

Small update:

I've tried adding a line to the "AdminSearchController.php" found in /controllers/admin/

Now upon searching, there is now a new column, but it is not displaying the actual number.

It is also not finding the designated ean13 number.

///

I noticed there was a field called supplier_reference in the _product table,

When I manually entered a reference via phpmyadmin, and did a search, the product showed, but trying to add the supplier_reference to the search function doesnt show up either.

Do I have to tell the search function which fields in the tables it should search for?

I've tried checking the AdminSearchController.php and similar files, for any sort of specification as to what data it should be checking for, but to no avail :(

protected function initProductList()
{
 $this->show_toolbar = false;
 $this->fields_list['products'] = array(
  'id_product' => array('title' => $this->l('ID'), 'width' => 25),
  'manufacturer_name' => array('title' => $this->l('Manufacturer'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 200),
  'reference' => array('title' => $this->l('Reference'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 150),
  [b]'ean13' => array('title' => $this->l('EAN13'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 150),[/b]
  'name' => array('title' => $this->l('Name'), 'width' => 'auto'),
  'price_tax_excl' => array('title' => $this->l('Price (tax excl.)'), 'align' => 'right', 'type' => 'price', 'width' => 60),
  'price_tax_incl' => array('title' => $this->l('Price (tax incl.)'), 'align' => 'right', 'type' => 'price', 'width' => 60),
  'active' => array('title' => $this->l('Active'), 'width' => 70, 'active' => 'status', 'align' => 'center', 'type' => 'bool')
 );
}

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hi there,

i'm stuck on the exact same problem. trying to add supplier reference to the product table in BO search.

did you have any luck with this? would really appreciate your help if you figured it out!

thanks for any help