Strange order validation behaviour in 1.5.2

Hi. Pretty new to prestashop but I am developing a payment module for our companies new gateway. I've encountered some strange behavior when validating a new order. It has to do with what status I am set the order to when calling validateOrder.

If i set an orders status to one that has "Consider the associated order as validated" ($loggable) or "Set order as paid"($paid) set to true, then the order will show up with more that one payment listed on the order information page in the backoffice and it will also say that the customer has been over charged.

I have been playing around with if for a few days and if the only thing that is set is "Allow customer to download and view PDF version of invoice"($invoice) then only one payment will show up which is the behaviour i am after. But I need to be able to link a transaction ID to the payment so I need to be able to have "Consider the associated order as validated" set.

I have noticed that if i use the "Cash on Delivery" payment module that is included instead of my custom one, it will do the same thing (i.e Add multiple payments). Cash on Delivery uses the "Preperation in Progress" status. I have inclued a screenshot of what happens

This is the line which i use to validate the order, but i'm pretty confident that this isn't the issue because its the same in the other payment modules i've looked at.

$this->module->->validateOrder((int) $cart->id, Configuration::get("MY_OS"), $total, $this->module->displayName, $message, $transaction_vars , NULL, false, $secure_key);

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

post-418596-0-83009100-1351722753_thumb.png

Edited by optimizerhq (see edit history)