[Solved] Admin login keeps redirecting back to login

Hi,

PS 1.5.2 Everything was working fine till morning.

I asked hosting provider to enable mod_rewrite and disable magic_quotes as required.

After that I cannot login to BO.

I enter CORRECT admin email/password and it redirects me back to login page only.

I have checked shop_url through phpmyadmin and tried with www.domain.com and also domain.com

Nothing works.

How do I fix this???

Edited by innocuous (see edit history)

If I turn on display_errors in config file then the domain.com/admin page doesn't even open.

It shows the following errors:

Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php on line 36

Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php:36) in /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Cookie.php on line 316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php:36) in /home/lehkimeh/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 142

If I disable display_errors then page opens fine but unable to login to admin BO. It accepts user/pass but redirects back to login page

Edited by innocuous (see edit history)

One more thing you can check which could also cause issues...

For some reason I was also experiencing problems when I added www to domain in shop_url in DB

like www.domain.com

Changing to domain.com solved some issues namely empty cart on checkout in IE/Chrome. Weird but don't know why a simple www. would cause problems!

Folks! Finally have a solution to this. The problem was with the htaccess file. I'm hosted on a Windows server and I never knew that windows server does not recognize the htaccess file. I moved my server from Windows to Linux and now it is Superrrrrrrrrrr Fast!

Oh and the redirects work fine!