Share Quantities in Multistore Kils Add to Cart

• 2 weeks later...

There is no fix yet, I reported the bug here: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-5552

There is no confirm yet that there will be a fix in the next release.

The shopping cart is the most essential feature of any webshop, so I don't understand how this bug could have happened in the third final release.

I reinstalled Prestashop 1.5.2.0 3 times, but it doesn't change a thing.

I am testing the feature at the moment. The only time that happened to me is when I forced "share orders" with direct parameter change in the database table (on default group which is usually greyed out).

Remember when you change to "Share available quantities to sell" all quantities will reset to zero which is half of the truth.

In fact when changing to "Share available quantities to sell" prestashop will use the "ps_stock_available" table.

In older versions the quantity was stored in the ps_product table. The quantities are nut nullified or lost when you change to "Share available quantities to sell". I made a small script which copies all values from ps_product.quantity to the "ps_stock_available" table at once. After doing that you can order on every group of the shop.

So maybe see first if share orders is enabled and try if cart works when you disable that. Second look if the product(-quantiies) are available in each shop.

Best regards, trip

Edited by Trip (see edit history)

I am testing the feature at the moment. The only time that happened to me is when I forced "share orders" with direct parameter change in the database table (on default group which is usually greyed out).

Remember when you change to "Share available quantities to sell" all quantities will reset to zero which is half of the truth.

In fact when changing to "Share available quantities to sell" prestashop will use the "ps_stock_available" table.

In older versions the quantity was stored in the ps_product table. The quantities are nut nullified or lost when you change to "Share available quantities to sell". I made a small script which copies all values from ps_product.quantity to the "ps_stock_available" table at once. After doing that you can order on every group of the shop.

So maybe see first if share orders is enabled and try if cart works when you disable that. Second look if the product(-quantiies) are available in each shop.

Best regards, trip

Hi Trip, it sounds like you've found the solution to this problem. Could you post the script here for us to try?

Thank you,

Matthew

I do not know for sure if this is your problem.

Just check if product has a quantity set. I posted a small part of the script in the bug tracker.

I can not make that public as it is a 5 minute hack without product combinations and so on. It also deletes the "ps_stock_available" table and I can not take responsibility that someone uses this and does not know what it exactly does.

I gave the solution to PS team as a scaffold how they could implement this but if someone already made modification in the stock_availble table it would delete all the work. What I did is for the stage when you setup a group shop and want to copy all the old quantities to the new system but as I said. When you use it wrong than all your work might be gone.

Best regards, trip