Multistore, blessing or curse

Very poorly documented, poorly understood. After spending last few weeks playing with this 'feature' I predict untold amount of bugs and much hair pulling both for merchants and module developers. I Hope I am wrong.

There are issues I dread to even start thinking about. For a starter,

What will happen with third party modules/themes? When I make a purchase can I install it across shop groups and shops even if they are on different domains (i.e.throw the existing licences out)

To be continued...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very poorly documented, poorly understood. After spending last few weeks playing with this 'feature' I predict untold amount of bugs and much hair pulling both for merchants and module developers. I Hope I am wrong.

Indeed. I wonder if the lack of clear guidance or any sort of "real world" assistance is because secretly the team know this feature is a bag of trouble. I have read countless threads where even the most basic of questions are falling on deaf ears.

Please, don't point me to the documentation page either. I have already read it. It does NOT answer my questions fully and it seems I am not the only one:-

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/189717-multistore-how-to/