Retaining Non-friendly URLs between Prestashop 1.4.9 and 1.5.1

I figured out how to get past the error that the Auto-Upgrade gives when you try to upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.5.x (Downloaded the updated version of Prestashop and placed it in the download folder of "Autoupgrade"). I like the new UI, but I have run across a problem. When I first migrated to Prestashop from Tomatocart I didn't account for the difference in URLs between the two for my various products and as a result search engine results that still show precedence of the older outdated links pop up as a 404 error when proceeding to my shop. Now with the update from 1.4.9 to 1.5.1 the same products that I have worked hard to promote to the search engines, now show up as 403 errors (don't have permission to view this page). I have since rolled back the update to 1.4.9 until I am able to fix this. My question then becomes: How do I get 1.5.1 to accept the old "non-friendly" URL structure that 1.4.9 and previous versions used while promoting the canonical and friendly URL structure to search engines?

Edited by titanv (see edit history)