Issues with blocklayered and custom features

Hi folks, i'm new to prestashop and this forum, and i'd like to ask for advice about some problems i've found using blocklayered module.

I'm using prestashop 1.5.1.0 and blocklayered 1.8.9. I added a custom category, "Connectors", three products with associations to "Main" and "Connectors" categories, and a bunch of custom features for those products, filling them with default values. Then, i added a new configuration for blocklayered, to filter my products on those custom features. These filters worked fine, except for some issues.

The issues i noticed were mainly two. The first one is that i can't make the price slider to spawn. I made an example with the ipods native category, and for this one, blocklayered showed a working prices slider with no problem; however, when i tried to do the same thing with my own products, nothing happened. What's the cause of this? Is there any information missing that i should include in my products' definition to make this work?

Next, i would like to add a slider to filter through numerical values of my custom features. For example, imagine that i have a custom field "size", that can have numerical values included in some range, for example from 2mm to 50mm. I want my user to be able to use a slider to filter products in relation to their "size", but, until now, i've only been able to fill the filters with discrete options, like 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, etc. (using these ones as default values for the feature). I gave a look to the code, and it seems that the slider option is hardwired into the code only for the "price" and "weight" native fields. Can i use sliders with different fields at all?

Thank you very much for reading this, guys. Tell me if you need more information to better understand my questions, and i'll gladly give it to you.

• 1 month later...