prestacrea biocosmetic theme error in 1.5 - Blank Page error

Hello people.

I have run into some problems and i wonder if anyone would be able to give me some tips to solve this.

I have installed PS1.5.1 and everything works fine with default Theme..

Then i went and bought this theme: http://addons.presta...ioCosmetic.html

And nothing works.

I have followed the installation manual that they included in the zipfile.

The first guide where they explained to use some sort of themeinstallator didnt work so i went and installed the theme manually.

All the permissions is ok,

But anyway i get a totally blank page with just an empty dropdownlist.

I have turned on "Display_errors" but no errors are shown.

Please help.

thank you.

Edited by rfourt (see edit history)

Ok i found the error_log file.. i had no idea it was written to a log file.. i thought it would display on the website.

anyway.. here is the error log.

[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /*********/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 41
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /*********/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 42
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /*********/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 43
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  Function <b>addCSS()</b> is deprecated in <b>/*********/public_html/modules/categoriestopmenu/categoriestopmenu.php</b> on line <b>138</b><br /> in /*********/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1733
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  Function <b>addJS()</b> is deprecated in <b>/*********/public_html/modules/categoriestopmenu/categoriestopmenu.php</b> on line <b>139</b><br /> in /*********/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1733
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning:  Function <b>addCSS()</b> is deprecated in <b>/*********/public_html/modules/homeblocks/homeblocks.php</b> on line <b>580</b><br /> in /*********/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1733
[08-Oct-2012 10:19:05 UTC] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Argument 2 passed to LinkCore::getLanguageLink() must be an instance of Context, string given, called in /*********/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/d31b09d1f3d89cabf82e78fe44cfe1313014db8c.file.blocklanguages.tpl.php on line 47 and defined in /*********/public_html/classes/Link.php on line 431

Edited by rfourt (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the template is compatible. In the mean time I did solve the problem with some help.

As a solution I did cleared all the files in the directory /cache/smarty/cache/ (except the index.php)

You're error mess. contains the directory /public_html/cache/smarty/compile/

I should remove all files there except the index.php.

Some old cache file seemed the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...