How can I check variables in the mail template order_conf?

Hello everybody.

I don't know how to check the content of the variables in the mail template order_conf.

I would print different statements in the order confirm email, depending on the payment chosen by the customer.

In the past, I inserted in the mail body the variables

{bankwire_owner}

{bankwire_details}

{bankwire_address}

since the shop owner accepted only bankwire payments. The mail was ok as it showed the content of the three variables.

Now the shop owner has decided to accept also Cash On Delivery payments, and the mail is no more ok in every case.

I mean, if the customer chooses the COD payment, the email does not show the content of the variables (which would be unuseful, however...), but the variables themselves.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to check the content of the variables, in order to understand whether they contain the bankwire payment details or they are empty (in case of COD).

Alternatively, I could check the {payment} variable, in order to print different statements depending on its value (bankwire or COD). Again, I don't know how to test the variable.

Anybody could help me?

Thank you in advance.

Bye,

Svicio65

http://www.bazzarone.it/ecommerce

• 1 year later...

Lets resurrect this thread!

I have the same question- what is the best way to add smarty if statetment in order_conf mail?
Maybe I can create somehow order_conf.tpl instead of order_conf.html and then  do whatever I want there?
Or maybe I just need to add smarty variables with some attached html code from PaymentModule.php?
In the end is there some kind of module that would be the best solution in this situation?

P.S. My prestashop version is v1.5