Paypal Module - payment & order not going through...redirected to site

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with paypal in the 1.5.0.17 Prestashop.

I have the latest 1.5 compatible paypal module installed.

I go through the 5 step checkout process...

I select "pay with paypal" as a payment option...

It goes to paypal...I sign in to make the payment and go through all the confirmation steps in paypal but instead of the payment going through, I end up getting kicked back to the shipping step on my website.

When I check the back office - no order came through and when I check my paypal account no payment went through either.

I tried messaging the paypal module developer but I take it they are too busy to respond. I'm at my wits end.

Anyone else having this problem? Any clues/tips/advice? Please! :)

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I was having the same problem, except that I did see the test orders coming through in my back ofice, so I don't know if this will help, but i can see it happening to someone else who is testing....checkout through the Paypal payment button just took longer to show up and order confirmation emails were sent to a different email address than when I tested regular checkout (signing up for a customer account-checking out through my website instead of the Paypal button) because I have two different email addresses in Paypal, one is automated to go elsewhere if it's not told which email address to go to like it is when going through regular check out and you give it an address (I gave it the other address not the automatically assigned one in Paypal)

Edited by cgillis73 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I don't know what your specific setups are. I fixed the issue I was having but it was very specific to my site modifications and I'm pretty sure that the fix I found won't be of much use to any of you.

But I suggest you check if you made any modifications to the order process tpl files and evaluate if any of those modifications would cause the problem.

In my case, the client asked if we could skip the "choose a payment option" step and go straight to a page that contains the form for the paypal payment pro module (to pay with a credit card)...and have a link to pay with paypal on that page...so in other words, I created a link to paypal on the tpl file of a third party payment module. For some reason, paypal did not like that. Maybe something to do with the data being sent across...My modifications worked fine in 1.4 but it doesn't work well in 1.5 so I had to reverse the modifications and restore the payment process as it would normally work by default.

So start with undoing modifications you may have made to your payment steps and seeing if it resolves anything.

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...