How display images in short description in product-list ?

Hey,

I would like know how display in short description of product-list (categories) images inserted per producto from backoffice. These works perfect in product page but don´t work in short description of categories

Best regards

The product list.tpl under theme folder should be edited to do that. Find the code that displays short description and remove the "strip_tags" coding. I don't know your version of PS but see the below example:

find below line:

<p class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'}</a></p>

and change it to:

<p class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'}">{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'}</a></p>

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
I don´t understand why prestateam don´t allow insert images in short description adding unnecessary code "strip_tags".

Maybe to improve SEO?

So that we're not resigned to handcrafting "meta-description" html tag for each individual product page,

PS automatically uses the first 255 characters of the product.short_description field to populate the "meta-description" html tag.

• 3 years later...