Loading time 5-8 seconds long on SSL one page checkout

mikelucid

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else has run across this problem. My site runs very smooth under normal circumstances, but when I add a item to cart or try to checjout the pageload slows to 5-8 seconds consitsantly. I am sure the has to be hurting conversion.

My site is www.stretchshapes.net. Please check it out for me and let me know if you have the same issue.

My thoughts are it could be either:

-The cheap ssl from godaddy

- OPC loading all those files through ssl, and retriving fedex shipping result in one load.

I have done all the spped improvment tips posted by rocky in another thread, and that helped with the rest of the pages. Anyone gots an idea for us?

Edited by mikelucid (see edit history)

After more testing i have realised that if i turn off one page checkout then my add to cart button works much quicker.

I think that seperating out the shipping from that page is essitial for me to speed up my add to cart.

My idea is to have a hybrid/two page check out. Seems simple enough. One page that is only the shopping cart w/ the next arrow like 5 page, then all of the steps on the next page. I have tried to do this but I dont know how to go in and add another controller or what lines to change to help facilitate this change. This will keep my customers from not shying away from adding that product b/c of slow load time. Once their cart is full, they are commited then they press next and will wait the 10 secs to complete their purchase.

Can anyone give some wise words on this?

• 1 month later...