Any particular reason of adding _default to images in PS1.5.0.18 svn version

Walking through the changes being done in 1.15.0.18 SVN I noticed that the images type names are being changed and being added suffixes "_default" e.g home to home_default. And during upgrade of .18 version even table in DB is going to change the types names if default theme is used. Same changes I found in modules as well.

Is there any specific reason why it is being done??.

For a shop with hundreds of products it will be very painful to regenerate the images and then still aligning the customizations done in native modules. What if people are using default theme with few customizations??

Edited by premanshu (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Same problem here. I cannot see my images because they are named 12345-home.jpg instead of 12345-home_default.jpg. Any solution?

Thank you

Same here. And generating new images causes "Cannot write "No picture" image to (stores) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions." Permissions are all on 755 so I guess this has to do with images having the wrong name.

Same here. And generating new images causes "Cannot write "No picture" image to (stores) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions." Permissions are all on 755 so I guess this has to do with images having the wrong name.

I should say this is in v1.5.1.0, i.e. the latest stable version.