Help understanding CSV import - products with features

scruft

Hi guys,

I'm on 1.5.0.17 and I've been trying to figure out how to import products with features. I've downloaded the example CSV but the imported products don't have features on the back end.

I'm just hoping someone can explain to me in detail how the CSV should be set up to import products and feature values in one go.

Thanks.

• Like 1

True, First you have to make a CSV file with all of your products. After importing them, create another CSV with the attributes of the previous imported products.

I use microsoft Excel to create my csv files.

Example:

I would like to import a hat, which comes in 2 sizes, Small and Medium, and comes in 2 colors, red and blue.

My product CSV would look like this:

id;Active;Name*;Categories;Price;taxline;supplier price;On sale (0/1);Discount amount;Discount percent;Supplier reference #;stock;Short description;Description;Image URLs (x,y,z,...)
213;1;Hat;Home,144;64,95;2;33,99;0;;;180650;100;Nice hat;Really nice hat with a long blablablabla;Image url here

After that i create my attributes.csv, which would look like this:

ID*;attributes;Supplier reference;Wholesale price;Price;Aantal;Afbeelding
213;Size:Small;;;;100;
213;Size:Medium;;;;100;
213;Colour:Red;;;;100;Red hat image url
213;Colour:Blue;;;;100;blue hat image url

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the two-part method, but that's what I'm trying to avoid - I have thousands of products to import, each with 8 features. I don't want to risk getting the IDs wrong and giving incorrect features to items.

The Products.csv sample file include a column named "

Feature(Name:Value:Position)

", I just can't work out what the syntax for this is supposed to be, and how to do it for an item with more than one feature.

True, First you have to make a CSV file with all of your products. After importing them, create another CSV with the attributes of the previous imported products.

I use microsoft Excel to create my csv files.

Example:

I would like to import a hat, which comes in 2 sizes, Small and Medium, and comes in 2 colors, red and blue.

My product CSV would look like this:

id;Active;Name*;Categories;Price;taxline;supplier price;On sale (0/1);Discount amount;Discount percent;Supplier reference #;stock;Short description;Description;Image URLs (x,y,z,...)
213;1;Hat;Home,144;64,95;2;33,99;0;;;180650;100;Nice hat;Really nice hat with a long blablablabla;[b]Image url here[/b]

After that i create my attributes.csv, which would look like this:

would you like to help me explain this mage url here csv?

can you give true link sample ?

www.xxxxx.com/img/p/nameimage.jpg ? like this!!?? i don't i use this sample link... my full image being small than i used upload product via BO!

thank wish you can give me hand!

• 1 month later...

Jesen, you need to put the DIRECT link there. so the link you provided should work. Prestashop automatically created thumbnails for them.

I am currently trying to get the Feature(Name:Value:Position) to work. I've tried 3 features, but only 1 would work.

i tried the following (without creating the features in BO):

Output:120Watt WORKS (but does not create the value in BO)

Usage:Home usage Doesn't work

Brand:Universal:1 Doesn't work

As you can see, i've tried both WITH and WITHOUT the 'Position' tag. It seems this option only works if you enter a value with numbers first.