[solved]issues reinstalling default theme in 1.5.17

1) i attempted to use my 1.4.x theme. yeah, right!

1B) consulted the manual. mmm, k.

2)attempted to use 1.4 css with clone of default 1.5 theme. still too borked to bother with.

3)resolved to create complete new theme using default theme files as beginning template even though this site is heavily modified and i'll have plenty of other things i still have to do to get it all "updated".

4)somehow borked default theme. no point trying to describe it's crapulence.

5)tried copying theme folder from 1.5 full download and replacing. no go.

6)tried downloading default template from addons store. i notice it includes module templates. i replace all included with new template zip contents. activated in admin. nothing changes on front end. somehow the themes folder has default and prestashop_new in there after copy? how the hell did that happen? there was no prestashop_new in the zip. strange. it seems like prestashop is fighting my manual changes in the background. all without asking permission...i am being paranoid?

i have cache disabled, force compile on and cleared browser cache. can't find a clear cache button in admin. deleted cache manually. no change on front end.

what is the proper procedure for installing default theme fresh? thanks.

update: i just reinstalled as it was quicker. now to be very careful with the theme...

Edited by cleatus (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it's going fine now but i'm having to theme the new install from scratch as there are too many changes to templates, classes, id's etc. to try and track it all down. Are you working on a copy of the default theme or the default theme itself? I'm working on a copy of the default, as is advisable. i don't remember if i had to do anything special to make that work. In the past it was no problem, though. The logo upload in themes admin has always been kind of buggy in my experience. Something with the way it handles png's if i remember correctly try changing the image file on the server and the filename in the appropriate template if you want to force the issue. If you have too many problems changing anything in prestashop admin or on server, make sure your file permissions on the server are correct. maybe start with 755 for folders and 644 for files and then ratchet down after that where appropriate. If you already know all that, sorry. :)