Trouble upgrading, or even installing 1.5

So, I hosted my site yesterday, using BlueHost. I went to install prestashop using the latest version (1.5). It completed the installation, but everything looked very wrong, the front page was all in text and some scattered images, no menus, just looked awful. The backoffice looked about the same. So I figured, o well, I'll just install a version I know works, and installed 1.482. So today, I figured I would give upgrading it to 1.5 another shot. I installed the autoupgrade tool, configured everything, backed everything up, and the upgrade was successful, YAY.

However upon logging in, I noticed the same issues, the back office looked better, (the top is all screwed up, but if i click on something like modules and scroll down past all the errors, I can actually do stuff, a.k.a. restore my old store) But most of it is unusable, some sort of adminconfig missing error. Also, the frontpage still looks like garbage. I mainly just wanted a new look, with a top menu and some other cool features, but I simply cannot get 1.5 to work properly, no matter what I try. is this still a beta release? because, i cant see it being this unusable as the latest release version. Any assistance in getting it working would be greatly appreciated.

It could possibly be a host issue. I did talk with a live chat support the other day, and mentioned an issue with it, and he stated a few other people have been mentioning similar issues. I am happy right now with the current version. It's working fine for me, but obviously would like to use the latest version.