Products import - import more than one feature

Hi,

I am trying to create a shop using Prestashop 1.5.0.17. I have a problem with import of products using CSV Import. My products have more than one feature. In the import file I have specified these features according to the template specified in the import screen Name:Value:Position. After import I can see only last feature assigned to my product.

My product line in csv file:

Id;Active;Name;Quantity;Price;Manufacturer;Categories;Feature1;Feature2;Feature3

1;1;MyProduct;20;23.5;IWorks;1;F1:25:1;F2:43:2;F3:100:3

After import I have only F3 with value 100 for my product, the other two are missing.

Questions:

1. Do this version support import more than one feature in import? If yes, how these feature should be specified in the cvs file? In the sample upload file provided there is no feature value set.

Thanks for the tip puecher. Being used with import from previous versions, where features were seen as separate fields, I went same road. Sample csv import file that comes with 1.5 installation does not contain feature sample and I have not find this documented here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Understanding+The+Advanced+Preferences#UnderstandingTheAdvancedPreferences-CSVImport.

Edited by silberstern (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Try using a multiple value seperator. My Feature field looks like this in 1.5:

...;"Form Factor:ATX,CPU Type:AMD,CPU Socket:AM3+,Chipset:AMD 990FX,Memory Type:DDR3";...

i'm stuck in these situation. would you like share you cvs file so i can learn it clearly. please.!! thank

This is really subtle. If you imported in Prestashop 1.4. Each feature was it's own column (this was good.)

Now all your features are imported as one long string in a single column (this is crummy). If you create multiple columns, Prestashop 1.5 will only use the last one as the others are erased by the last value. I believe this is why silberstern only ended up with the last feature value imported.

For example:

Three Features:

Feature A (leaves, needles)

Feature B (flowers, cones, fruit)

Feature C (branches, roots)

For Prestashop 1.5, you would now make one feature column in your import file and line up "Feature A:leaves:1, Feature B:cones:2, Feature C:roots:3";

Still experimenting to figure out why it won't pick up my standard values, but at least this dumps the features in the Customized values.

Previous system, while it didn't follow the logic pattern, worked flawlessly. I have invested two hours with only a partial import.

More notes --------------------------

My features have special characters in them. Commas were crashing the importer. Semi-colons were crashing the importer. I changed my delimiter to a Pipe | and my mutli-value delimiter to a Tilde ~. That added all three of my features to the product.

Edited by melriks (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I got it to a point that MOST of the data is imported. I've ended up using pipes and tildes as you have, and the features seem to work fine. My problems now are:

• I've specified an accurate, fully qualified URL for the image (only one image for each product), but the import doesn't grab any images.
  • The tags import all into one record (and cut off at 32 characters due to the field length), rather than each tag being assigned an individual record. If I manually edit a product and save, the all-in-one record exists, along with individual records for the individual tags.
  • The category appears to be ignored - I've tried with both the Name and the ID of the category, still just throws everything into 'Home'.

FYI this is all occurring on a fresh installation of 1.5.3.1

Edited by scruft (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

I use this to list the 3 features for my use. I use a single statement rather than splitting it into 3 separate ones and it seems to work ok. The statement below comes from my Access 2010 db.

Features: "Height:" & [ProductHeight] & "cm:" & "1" & "," & "Width:" & [ProductWidth] & "cm:" & "2" & "," & "Depth:" & [ProductDepth] & "cm:" & "3"

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

hi all

I am looking for an easy way to maintain and upload features to products in PS 1.6, now we use the single colum with pip separation between features, and all do work. 

But issue is that it is not efficient to maintain and also create new products, each product of ours have got 40+ features, and some features are unique to some products...

Has anybody solved such an issue?

Thanks,