Set up multistore for B2B and B2C

Hi,

In version 1.5 I have set up two stores with each having an own domain. Both should share the same products but one of the shop should be b2c and the other b2b.

For b2c customer should see prices including VAT. B2b customers should only see prices after they login and the see the prices excluding VAT.

Prestashop 1.5 provides to accomplish both of that but only each at one time. After enabling multistore and setting them up, it is possible to select on the top each of the store. If I select the b2b store and select 'visitors' not to see prices and prices excl tax it is changed. But then I notice that it has had been changed for the b2c store. If I then select the b2c store and choose 'visitors' see prices and incl tax, I see that it also changes for the b2b store.

So at the moment I don't see the possibility to have a b2b and b2c store with one installation, provided I want to have different price views. Or am I doing something wrong?

I would appreciate if someone can explain how to accomplish that?

• Like 1

Hi,

In version 1.5 I have set up two stores with each having an own domain. Both should share the same products but one of the shop should be b2c and the other b2b.

For b2c customer should see prices including VAT. B2b customers should only see prices after they login and the see the prices excluding VAT.

Prestashop 1.5 provides to accomplish both of that but only each at one time. After enabling multistore and setting them up, it is possible to select on the top each of the store. If I select the b2b store and select 'visitors' not to see prices and prices excl tax it is changed. But then I notice that it has had been changed for the b2c store. If I then select the b2c store and choose 'visitors' see prices and incl tax, I see that it also changes for the b2b store.

So at the moment I don't see the possibility to have a b2b and b2c store with one installation, provided I want to have different price views. Or am I doing something wrong?

I would appreciate if someone can explain how to accomplish that?

Hi,

I would also build a B2B and B2C shop. I have also set up multi shops. The main shop is B2C. What should I do now to make the B2B store is reachable by another domain. I need to change something because the index.php. I use CPanel.

How did you do that? I get no further.

Thanks Bodo

Bodo,

You need to set up an new domain or subdomain and point it to the same folder where your prestashop is. Then you have to go back to prestashop and select your shop under 'multostore' and tell them your domain for this store.

Anybody else has an idea to my first question?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would really help very much if someone could reply.

If with the multistore function two shops are created, should it be possible to show in one store product prices incl. tax and in the other store prices excl. tax?

So far, I still haven't accomplished that. I now have tried so many things and can't think of anything else to do. I'm just wondering if this task should be possible at all with a multistore.

Many Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I think I got it how it can be done...

With multistore mode activated, you have to go to Catalog -> Products, and for every product, ensure is selected B2B shop from the select option box from above, and then disable taxes for current product and save.

Hi,

yes, that is possible to show prices without tax but in your suggested case there would also be no tax included in the cart. As far as I know it is still necessary for b2b to have the tax included in the cart. So, unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem. But anyway thanks for your answer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to setup my site for Dealers to access and view all the product as a listing (no shopping cart) fancy pictures. Just a list where they can enter quantities and submit order.

I'm testing the catalog view but it's not what I was expecting to see. It just removes the navigation in my site and the rest is the same... I really dont' get the point of the current catalog mode in Prestashop v1.5.3.1

Anyone has a solution for this?

Edited by dformica (see edit history)