PayPal module completely broken in 1.4.9. No answers?

goosedesign

I've been having so many problems with Prestashop's built in PayPal modules, have tried every conceivable combination, including the latest module version (which breaks whole checkout page) and just tested on a completely fresh installation of 1.4.9 and absolutely nothing works. The payment is taken by PayPal, but the customer is not redirected back to the site and no order is generated.

Can anyone shed any light on this, if it's recognised as a problem and if anything is being done about it?

Has anyone in the community got PayPal working in 1.4.9? Can anyone recommend a commercial module that works?

If I recall correctly, bundled version with v1.4.9.0 is the v3.0.9 which has been reported several times as not properly working.

The latest version available on "Addons" is the v3.1.0 which crashes the modules page, enough for me to not recommend it.

We're using the v3.0.12 on our production server, which seems to have no special issues so far, at least for us, but I've seen other users having issues with this one too.

I'd recommend you to use the last v2 version which works fine for the standard version of Paypal (not the Evolution mode), which you can find on the last v1.4.8 versions of Prestashop.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this shroom. What a mess! Unfortunately the reason I got in to this whole drama of upgrading and things getting worse and worse in the first place was because the old module (right up to 2.8.7) doesn't correctly identify gift wrap, so it appears as "VAT" in PayPal.

Edited by goosedesign (see edit history)