[TECHNICAL ERROR - JAVASCRIPT] Error detected for action "upgradeDb".Starting restoration..

I had this error and found a fix in the forum: It is important to set it to local so it doesn't download prestashop over your edited version.

you should:

- extract the latest PS version to
<PS Admin directory>/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/

- set
Channel
to
Local directory
and version to 1.4.9.0 (for this PS version)

You need to select MORE OPTIONS (EXPERT MODE)

- insert in <PS Admin directory>/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/install/php/update_module_mailalerts.php on line 27 the following code:

ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');

and save changes

- do the upgrade

- set the
Channel
back to
Minor Release

Hope it helps for you, too.

Source:

After this upgrade you will have to go to prestashop addons and download the new paypal module and install it. Otherwise you will get an address error. Also, if you are using authorize.net as a payment module, you will have to go to configure the module but don't change anything and just hit save.

Also, if you get the http 500 error or a blank white page before you upgrade, this procedure should fix that issue too. ( i had that issue ).

One more thing. If you are using a template be sure to go to preferences and select the default template after you upgrade to 1.4.9. Then switch back to your template of choice. If you get any errors after that, be sure to go to preferences-> performance and FORCE COMPILE and disable the cache. try that and it your site should work perfectly. then of course switch it back to not compile and turn the cache back on.

I hope this helps.

post-372653-0-90344500-1346449223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Specter (see edit history)