Fatal error (Address -> address1 is empty)

treymcgovern

I have the same problem and from my own testing, I can say it only happens with orders from the US (with US addresses). The module seems to work fine with orders from everywhere else in the world. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the way the module is sending the postcode to PayPal and the entire address is refused.

Hope this helps and desperately waiting for a solution for this. Is hard to believe it has taking this long for something so critical in the system. I've already seen other related topics showing up in the forums (not only the english one). Anyway, good luck fixing the issue (and thank you for doing it as well!) and PLEASE keep us updated of ANY news about it.

• Like 1

Indeed, same problem here. I decided to disable the Paypal module and went for another payment gateway. Obviously Paypal has lost a lot of money because of this problem, probably many stores did the same thing. But hey, it's a free market, if another payment gateway offers more reliable services and my customers are happy, what do I care about Paypal?

Indeed, same problem here. I decided to disable the Paypal module and went for another payment gateway. Obviously Paypal has lost a lot of money because of this problem, probably many stores did the same thing. But hey, it's a free market, if another payment gateway offers more reliable services and my customers are happy, what do I care about Paypal?

May i know which payment gateway are you using?

Would like to disable paypal too.

thanks!

May i know which payment gateway are you using?

Would like to disable paypal too.

thanks!

Sure. I'm using Authorize.net, much more reliable, lower fees than Paypal and accepts any cards. The only disadvantage of not having Paypal is not being able to accept payments from other Paypal accounts. But I can live with that...

Merci fGaillard and nitro7.

I can confirm the problem has been solved, I installed the new version of Paypal module 3.0.10 and it's working.

Again, thanks for your hard work.

M.

Hi M,

May I know if did you need to clear your cache or reset it etc?

As after installation, my customers are still facing the same issue.

Thanks!

Hi M,

May I know if did you need to clear your cache or reset it etc?

As after installation, my customers are still facing the same issue.

Thanks!

No, I didn't clear my cache, it simply worked. But you can try clearing your cache, if you don't know how, here is below:

- connect via FTP to you hosting server

- go in tools/smarty/compile and delete all those files

Best thing is to try it yourself after that, just place an order and pay with your credit card using Paypal module.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Hi all,

Sorry for my late answer, I am very busy these times. I just released a new version.

It is available on Addons and our SVN.

Let me know if something is wrong. I hope it will be better.

Thank you.

Paypal still does not work. Will not allow me to enter a state for shipping address. and will not proceed past the terms of service.

Also the Paypal link does not work.

Edited by treymcgovern (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I had the same error, but the fix is very easy.

Go to your Back Office and to your Shipping tab and then click on Countries and then go to each country(or the countries you take orders from) and check the following in the adress layout. It will probably look something like this:

firstname lastname
company
address1 address2
city, State:name postcode
phone

You just have to put address2 on a new line. So it will look like:

firstname lastname
company
address1
address2
city, State:name postcode
phone